- University of Lausanne and Fribourg, 1969 – 1973
- University of Fribourg, lic. iur., 1973
- Admission to the bar of St. Gallen, 1975
- Europe Institute at the University of Zurich, European law for practitioners, 1995
- Universities of Zurich and Lucerne in cooperation with the Swiss Bar Association: Certified Specialist SBA Inheritance Law, 2008/2009
Legal assistant in the Cantonal Department of Justice and Police in St. Gallen; Legal intern, associate, and since 1976 partner in the law firm SwissLegal asg.advocati, St. Gallen (formerly Mäusli - Oesch - Gehrer); from 1999 to 2011 extraofficial judge of the Court of Cassation St. Gallen.
2003 – 2007 President of the St. Gallen Bar Association; speaker at several construction law conferences at the University of St. Gallen; member (since 2017) and president (since 2018) of the board of the East Switzerland Arbitration Rules Foundation (OSTSO); author and editor of numerous specialist publications in the fields of construction law, indemnity and social insurance law and notarization law